- Play tennis along the East River as the tug boats meander by and the trucks slam by on the Williamsburg Bridge. If you can focus here, you can focus anywhere.
- I like to visit the art supply shop, Kremer Pigmente right next to my showroom. Wonderful hand painted color charts and lovely jars of pure pigment showing off in the sunlight.
- I love, but also fear looking through all of the old Sotheby catalogues at the Strand. From Labiche House to Greek Textiles, you can find wonderful oddities here. I stop when I can’t carry anymore home.
- K Town for dumplings at Mandoo Bar at 2 West 32nd Street. They make the dumpling right in the window.
- Museums, please, and digging deep in their textile collections. I am spellbound by the Mets’ new Islamic Wing and its many treasures.